Most of the holiday packages to Mauritius, Zanzibar, Seychelles and Maldives are on a half-board basis which includes breakfast and dinner daily. However, many resorts offer an additional “All Inclusive” or “top-up” option. This allows you to pay an optional extra daily amount which will then cover lunch, additional snacks/afternoon tea, drinks and alcoholic beverages. The specifics will vary from one hotel to another.
When it comes to All-Inclusive packages there are a few points worth considering:
- The all-inclusive really allows you to sit back and relax without having to worry about any additional costs and bills during your stay.
- The all-inclusive is generally a good idea if you are going to drink a lot of alcohol such as beer, wine and cocktails as these items are expensive (however, note that some premium brands are excluded).
- If you want to sit down for lunch every day at one of the hotel restaurants, then all-inclusive would be a good choice. However, if you are more likely to simply want a casual snack on the beach, or alongside the pool, or if you are planning on leaving the resort to go on excursions and day trips (meaning you wouldn’t necessarily be around at lunchtime) then it is probably not necessary.
- The all-inclusive option is paid per day and per person, prior to your stay. It must be taken for the duration of your stay and by all members of your party.
Some of the items which may be included on an all-inclusive package include:
- Lunch daily
- Bottled water
- Wine, beer, coaktails and spirits (brands may be limited)
- Tea and coffee
- Afternoon tea such as cakes, ice-cream and pancakes
- In room mini-bar
If you would like more details and advice on All-Inclusive packages, chat to one of our Simply Travel consultants.