Fregate Private Island is a secluded paradise, 4 degrees south of the equator and 55 kilometers (35 miles) off Seychelles' Mahé coast. Guests will discover the castaway idyll of their dreams amidst relaxed luxury.
Nestled amidst the flora and fauna by the sea are 16 residences crafted in Balau wood, each with private pool and beach buggy. Guests are greeted by their personal butler who is dedicated to making sure their every desire is fulfilled.
Dining is completely bespoke from boat to beach, in the treetops or the Plantation house, featuring the abundant natural produce fresh from the gardens and sea. Executive Chef Alan Larch says: we grow over 120 varieties of vegetables, fruits, spices and herbs. The taste of home-grown herbs, the scent of fresh coffee and tamarind altogether imprint the senses.
Fregate Island Private has seven extraordinarily beautiful beaches, coral reefs and jungle trails: it is an Eden of discovery for children and adults.
Choose one of our 16 Private Pool Residences for the ultimate in comfort and privacy. Beautifully crafted, your residence nestles nicely into the coastal line, naturally screened from your neighbour. With your own luxurious terrace, large private infinity pool and jacuzzi, daybed and dining pavilion you overlook the lush jungle and deep-blue seas.
Choose from three types of residence:
• Private Pool Residence (400-450 sqm) for 2 adults and up to 2 children
• Private Pool Twin Residence (570-700 sqm) for 4 adults and up to 2 children
• Private Pool Spa Residence (700 sqm) for 2 adults with a private spa facility optionally available for 4 adults and up to 2 children
• Bedroom and living room connected by vestibule with dining facilityRead More
• One large and one small bathroom, each with their own private outdoor shower
• Air-conditioning, telephone, wireless internet access, TV, DVD/CD player, iPod station
• Minibar, tea and coffee
• Several residences with direct beach access
• Personal island buggy
Welcome to a place quite like nowhere else on earth. Magnificently located on a hilltop on a secluded peninsula overlooking the harbour, beaches and a large part of the island, our Banyan Hill complex combines a high level of luxury with a unique feel of privacy and natural beauty.
Banyan Hill Estate comes with your own personal chef, private butler and personal maid, all dedicated to making sure your wishes are fulfilled.
• 3 separate sleeping villas for a total of 6 personsRead More
• Large, architecturally stunning main building with open living area and grand dining space
• A fully serviced kitchen
• Separate TV Lounge
• Separate private study / office
• Private infinity pool with spacious gazebo and alternative dining space
• Sleeping villas have their own verandas, bathroom, telephone, wireless internet access, TV, DVD/CD player, iPod station, air-conditioning, safe and mini bar also with tea and coffee
• Per villa, one extra bed can be added for a child
• Personal island buggies
Restaurants and Bars at Fregate Island Private include:
• Fregate House for a daily gourmet menu featuring the Chef's selection of local produce at its peakRead More
• The Plantation House for an authentic Créole Style à la carte cuisine
• Anse Bambous Beach Bar for a delightful lunch and dinner on the beach
• The Pirate's Bar for an incredible fruit cocktail made with fresh fruit grown on the island
• The Wine Cellar for a dinner party with wine pairings, for up to 10 guests
Our Nature Walks with our resident Conservationists are a highly inspiring and encouraging journey into the island's ecosystem that give you a deeper understanding of the role conservation plays in our island life. You are also more than welcome to assist and observe them in some of the field work they do, for example, searching for tiny sea turtle hatchlings emerging from their nests or checking nest boxes for eggs or chicks. In our Tortoise Adoption programme, you can also make a valuable contribution to protecting and sustaining the island's flora and fauna.
You can explore the winding mountain trails by hiking or explore the island on buggy trips. Alternatively you may also take one of our mountain bikes.
The air-conditioned gym facility by the Rock Spa is open for your workouts, including a personal trainer if required. Our resident instructor offers yoga lessons at any time of day.
Our Stargazing programme lets you explore the night sky.
Further, we can make arrangements for helicopter rides to other islands or golfing destinations.Read More
The Indian Ocean is a treasure trove for sports and activities. The marine environment around Fregate Island is truly diverse and unspoiled, teeming with colour, dramatic topography and excitement. If you wish to scuba dive by day or night, our diving staff knows all the best spots and we offer PADI certified diving courses for all levels.
For deep sea fishing enthusiasts, we have a game bank nearby. If you wish to sample an authentic taste of Seychellois lifestyle, why not go on a trip with one of the local fishermen? We can make all the necessary arrangements.
If you want to take the waters by yourself, we have a range of sailing, surfing and kayaking equipment - from Hobie Cats to optimists for children, windsurfing boards, water skis or banana towing. And for a brisk way to see Fregate and the surrounding islands, our seaworthy powerboats can take you out on a day trip of your choice.Read More
Surrounded by dramatic granite rock formations, the Rock Spa on Fregate Island offers a range of facilities and treatment rooms for massages, training or yoga sessions. For your personal fitness, our air-conditioned gym is free to use.
With giant tortoises gently roaming the grounds of the Rock Spa, a warm welcome awaits you in this haven of relaxation for mind, body and soul. After you arrive, our friendly, skilled staff can offer you a freshly infused tea with a smile and provide information on our facilities.Read More
We have lots of activities to keep your little ones busy and bursting with joy. Our kids' coordinator has plenty of ideas for things to do for children between ages 3 and 12.
Both fun and educatIonal, the Kids Club "Castaway" is where activities take place and all sorts of fun and exciting ventures start, to make your juniors' stay on Fregate Island as unforgettable as yours.
Our Castaway Trail leads them through parts of the jungle that are out of bounds for adults, where the giant tortoises and many other wonderful animals and plants grow and thrive. Together with our conservation manager, the young ones also get a tour of the island's wildlife that is as educational as it is entertaining.
And for a special treat, the treasure hunts on the island’s beaches are a favourite.
And as much as you love spending time with your kids, we also know that even the best mummies and daddies like to have time for themselves, especially on Fregate Island. We can provide you with a babysitter, giving you peace of mind that the young ones are in safe hands.Read More