You will require a valid passport that is valid for six months after your return from the Maldives.
Parents travelling with children are now required to provide an unabridged birth certificate (including the details of the child's father as well as the mother) for all children travelling.
Where there is one parent travelling with a child you will require:
- An unabridged birth certificate;
- Consent in the form of an affidavit from the other parent registered as a parent on the birth certificate of the child authorising him or her to enter into or depart from the Republic with the child he or she is travelling with or
- A court order granting full parental responsibilities and rights or legal guardianship in respect of the child, if he or she is the parent or legal guardian of the child; or
- Where applicable, a death certificate of the other parent registered as a parent of the child on the birth certificate.
Where a child is travelling with a Guardian or someone that is not the Biological Child of the Adults, you will require:
- A copy of the unabridged birth certificate of the child;
- An affidavit from the parents or legal guardian of the child confirming that he or she has permission to travel with the child;
- Copies of the identity documents or passports of the parents or legal guardian of the child
- The contact details of the parents or legal guardian of the child. Provided that the Director-General may, where the parents of the child are both deceased and the child is travelling with a relative or another person related to him or her or his or her parents, approve such a person to enter into or depart from the Republic with such a child.
Please note that unabridged birth certificates can be obtained from Home Affairs with a processing time of six – eight weeks. Please ensure you contact your local Home Affairs office in order to apply for your necessary documentation prior to your intended date of departure.